Major Development Projects in Prince George’s County
Prince George’s County Maryland has several major development projects currently under construction or expanding with both retail and commercial office space available. The following is a list of these projects:
- National Harbor: The National Harbor is the largest development project in the County with 7.3 million square feet of space. Included is the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center, with 2000 hotel rooms and 470,000 square feet of Convention area. Additionally, the area has 2000 other hotel rooms; 1 million square feet of office buildings, retail and entertainment; 2500 residential units; 4 piers and two marinas.
- Konterra: Konterra is a $1.75 billion mixed-use development to be built in 2200 acres, with upscale retail, research, and technology campuses along with a 200-acre Konterra Regional Mall, business campus with 1.4 million square feet of building space, more than 1000 single family homes and 348 acres reserved for a governmental, educational or corporate facility. The project is expected to launch in 2010.
- Woodmore Town Center: Located in Landover, MD, between I-495 and Rt. 202, this project is has 700,000 square feet of retail space, 1 million square feet of Class A office space, hotels, 900 single-family homes, including condominium and townhouses. The site is anchored by Wegman’s Grocery Store.
- Boulevard at the Capital Centre: Boulevard At The Capital Centre is conveniently located in Largo, Maryland, and provides an exceptional mix of stores and restaurants to serve your shopping and entertainment needs.
- University Town Center (UTC): This $135 million new construction and renovation project is located one mile from the University of Maryland at College Park. It is part of the Prince George’s Metro Center and will add 3.1 million square feet of office space, as well as upscale condominiums and a new 910-bed student housing.
- M Square / Maryland and Research Park: The $500 million M Square is set to become the largest research park in the state of Maryland and one of the largest in the Country. This project is located within a 293-acre Transit District at College Park/University of Maryland, (HUB zone). Construction plans include 2.5 million square feet of public and private research labs. The university is looking forward to attracting firms from a broad range of disciplines including computer science, mathematics, engineering, physical and life sciences, biotechnology and linguistics.
- Greenbelt Station Town Centre: This $1 billion project will be located at the Greenbelt Metro station on the Capital Beltway. The site will feature mixed-use residential/retail/commercial space with 2,200 upscale residential units and a 1.1 million s/f retail and entertainment center. County Council has approved a $160 million tax increment financing package for the Greenbelt Metro development. Site plans have also been approved for the first phase of development.
- Tanger Outlets at National Harbor: Tanger Outlets at National Harbor will be a new outlet shopping center built on the historic Oxon Hill Plantation in Prince George’s County, near the new National Harbor. Leading brands will include: Calvin Klein, H&M, IZOD, Gap Factory Store, American Eagle Outfitters, Tommy Hilfiger, Banana Republic Factory Store, White House Black Market Outlet, Chico's Outlet, Columbia, Brooks Brothers Factory Store, Aeropostale, P.S. by Aeropostale, J. Crew Factory Store, Le Creuset Outlet and many more.
To run a search on other available commercial office or retail space, visit our Commercial Space section.